Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Please Know...

Dearest S,

I can't believe how quickly the years have flown by. This week you and I will celebrate our 8th Wedding Anniversary. Words can barely convey all that I feel; there's so much I want to say, so I will start with this...

Having you in my life for almost *half of my existence, I can't ever imagine life without you. I sometimes wonder what took you so long and often wish you came into my life sooner. But please know that I am grateful you came when you did. I am grateful you came, to stay.

I may squirm away whenever you try to snuggle with me in bed but please know, there is nowhere I feel safer than when I am in your arms.

When dancing in the kitchen, you often tell me how well you think I dance, while I often tease you about your moves and *dance face* but please know, that whatever song is playing, when I dance in your arms and you hold me close, there is nowhere else I'd rather be.

I may crinkle my nose when you sing silly songs and ask you to "please stop" but please know that I still get goosebumps when I think of our wedding reception, when you pulled me up and sang Always to me. I couldn't stop the tears {and regretted my need for mascara} and looked like quite the wreck, yet you made me feel beautiful.

I may grumble in the morning{on account of me not being a morning person} while you're sweet as can be before we part ways but please know that I miss you the minute you leave, and when I see you later that evening, it is the best part of my day.

We may not look the same as we did when we first met. Lines may appear and grey hair may sparkle atop your head but please know that I love the lines, for they are reminders of the laughs we've shared. I love the grey that makes you look dapper, distinguished and wise. You are beautiful. Always.

Just the other day, I caught you staring at me. When I questioned your gaze, you told me I was beautiful. And with a smile, you said you wondered how you were lucky enough to have me as your wife. I don't believe in luck as much as I do blessings from the Lord, but please know that if it were luck, I would be the lucky one.

They say a good marriage requires one to fall in love, again and again...always with the same person. I sometimes think that I couldn't possibly love you more than I already do, but please know that each day, I do. I fall in love again and again, always with you.

Happy Anniversary, my sweet. Everyday I feel blessed to have you in my life; as my husband, my best friend...my eternal companion. I love you.

*S and I dated for a number of years before we got married, so don't worry, I'm not 16 :) EDIT: Yes, that is our cake. So yes, those are S's hands...GASP! His 2nd appearance, since revealing his feet ;)

P.S. A fellow blogger is experiencing heartache I can't even imagine. I don't know her personally but Wendy has asked people to help spread the word. Please read this post and help if you are able. Please send your prayers.

44 comments:

  1. Oh, Ela!

    This was so sweet to read! I'm sure S knows it all!

    I hope my marriage will be as strong as yours in 6 years. Happy Anniversary! :)


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are beautifully written as always. May your love for each other get stronger with each passing day. Happy early anniversary to the both of you. Now go...get your dance on you little love birds!!!

    P.S. Look at that...we've been married the same amount of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nicely put! (Husband and I are celebrating 8 big ones this year too!)
    Congrats on sharing your happiness with a wonderful guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful love story, my heart has melted into a puddle! Happy anniversary to both you and S, with many many more to come:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary, Ela! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two of you are such a lovely couple...congratulations on all of your years together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the sweetest post!! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary, sweetie!!!! Wishing you many more happy years together!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww what a truly lovely post. Beautiful!

    Happy Anniversary to you and S!! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 8 years of marriage! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow ... congratulations you guys ... next month i have my first year .and hopefully we make it all the way like you and your guy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet... Happy Anniversary to you and S... I am so glad you have him in your life and that you are so loved because you so deserve it.
    xoxoxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary!! I hope you're cracking open some bubbly to celebrate. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. K you are so cute with that post to S. He's a lucky man to have your heart. Happy anniversary to you both. To many MANY more years. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute post- happy anniversary to you both! The love between you is clearly so special :)

    Is that your cake?! If so, it's lovely and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful post! Happy Anniversary love XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am so glad you are not 16 years old. you had me worried there for a minute!

    and it sounds like you have the man/marriage of your dreams. that is radical! and happy anniversary to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A huge happy anniversary! The pair of you I'm sure will have a million more. You're just too perfect xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful post and pic. Happy Anniversary, Ela! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful. This post warms my heart. Happy Anniversary, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ela! Wow, congrats girl. Beautiful words you write. Happy Anniversary!

    xoxo
    ♡,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ela!!!! This is sooo sweet and soo wonderful!! Happy Anniversary lovely! It was so good of you to link to Wendy's fundraiser. What a tragic situation, i hope everyone pitches in!

    ReplyDelete
  23. awww i got goosebumps reading this! sooo sweet! you guys are so lucky to have each other. so gorgeous! happy anniversary! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy anniversary Ela and S! I was so touched with your open letter to S... and the message is so wonderful. I love seeing two people so in love with each other even after years of marriage.

    PS...and you survived the 7-year itch...LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is so incredibly sweet. happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely post...and thanks for thinking of Janet. That's very kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You two are so adorable. What a beautiful cake.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ela, I love this so much. You two are so sweet, and I got a little choked up when you wrote about him singing at your wedding. You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Sweet Anniversary Ela & S!
    I didn't hear S sang that lovely song to you that day, but I got nice goosebumps reading this dear!
    Love it!!
    xo* + blessings to both!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ela, this is the absolute sweetest post ever! Happy, Happy Anniversary my love! You and S are so lucky to have one another!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Wedding Anniversary! What a beautiful post and I'm glad to know you guys are still so much in love and happy :) Plus, you've mastered the tricky 7-year-hurdle ;-)

    So you guys dance in the kitchen as well? Thank goodness, now I don't feel so cheesy anymore...

    Awesome wedding cake by the way! To this day I'm still a little irked that we hardly had any of our cake, because we were busy running around greeting people... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  32. hey...happy anniversary !
    i just discovered your blog...it's really lovely!
    i love the looks you're posting!
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've just discovered your blog and I like it!

    If you want check out my blog and leave a comment! Thanks!

    www.abitoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow this is a very beautiful post dedicated to your hub! He is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have him! Aww happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. so beautiful Ela!! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So beautifully written! Happy Anniversary, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  37. thanks for clarifying that, ela. I was a bit worried when i did the math and it came to 16. hahaha! ;P and ahhckk! the suspense! show your face S!!!! anyway... i would just like to say that this was such a beautiful post (i hope you showed it to him!) I hope that one day when i get married, my marriage can be as happy, loving, and FUN as yours. :) Happy Anniversary ELA/S! <3

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am teary-eyed and had goosebumps reading this! Such a sweet, sweet post Ela. It's like an early Valentine read for all of us!

    Happy 8th year anniversary to you and S. You guys exchanged bronze gifts? =)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm such a bad blog friend! This post was amazing. I love you so much and Sim is one lucky man! Loved chatting with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  40. An eloquent and beautiful post. I loved this. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?
Hmm...let's make that an I.O.U ;)

xx Ela