Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Meet Cousin J

The super sweet Nicole at My Teacups in Peony tagged me a few days ago. I heard about her blog just a day before her birthday, and I've been stalking, I mean visiting, her ever since. She's so sweet, did I mention that already? I can't help it, she oozes sweet. She posts [and takes] beautiful photos, and all her posts are heartfelt. Do check her blog if you haven't already done so. She's the perfect new bloggy friend to make :)
Here's what she asked me to do:
1. Open my photos folder and select the 6th folder.
2. Select the 6th photo in that folder.
3. Post that photo, along with the story behind it.
So I was dreading what photo awaited me, thankfully it's a decent one and cousin J reluctantly agreed to let me post. Isn't she pretty?

A few things about cousin J, aka Cous Cous, yes, I really do call her that:
1. She and I are 3 months apart. Can you guess who's older?
2. Me being just under 5'4" I am actually taller than she is *gasp*
3. She is my cousin but she feels more like a sister, and is one of my dearest friends. Sometimes when I say "best friend' I feel juvenile...I don't know why.
4. I can count on one hand the number of times we've fought/made each other cry. I hate fighting with her.
I love her to the moon and back.
5. She's also a great shopping buddy. By that I mean she and I can go for hours. We once did a 13hr shopping stint in NYC starting at 7:00am. We only ate once in between. Spent way more than we should've and walked a ton...braving winter.

This photo was taken last Christmas. No, we didn't plan on both wearing purple...stuff like this always happens. Our family get togethers always involve a ton of food. If you've ever been to a Filipino party - especially at Christmas - you know I am not exaggerating. Usually we eat till we feel sick and laugh till we feel sick. We celebrate on Christmas Eve so we open our presents at midnight, ooh and ahh at each other's pressies, sometimes even covet a few, then eat again...the cycle continues till about 4 or 5:00am when we all head home.

Speaking of Christmas, can you believe it's August? Where did the months go? Only 4 months till the Christmas tree goes back up.

This is a scheduled post
. With family over the weekend & if you're reading this on Monday, *hopefully* I am gallavanting the streets of Toronto, stuffing my face with some sushi, catching a movie and enjoying Canada's Civic Holiday with S. So, I will catch up with your blogs on Tuesday. Hope you all had an amazing weekend!

xx Ela
Psst, up for revealing photo 6 in your 6th photo folder? If so, you're IT!

26 comments:

  1. Your cousin sounds like a lovely person :)
    I'll be adding you to my blogroll also because I do love this blog quite a bit now.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo!

    I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know how you got to be so beautiful... good looks run in your family! Great picture and I love the purple attire!! Hope you had a great weekend and enjoy your sushi tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi cousin j! :) you are both gorgeous! and i know about our filipino parties... every party is like that and like you said its crazier during Christmas. Sometimes i'd have to go to 3 - 4 or more parties everyday the week before Christmas!!! you really have to strategize in order to be able to enjoy everything prepared!! hehe! <3 it! P.S i'll mail your shirt out either tomorrow or tuesday since post offices won't be working until tuesday anyway! enjoy our extra day off tomorrow ela! :) take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she's very beautiful!
    And yay for Toronto and sushi! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 13 hour shopping omg that's to die for! I bet it was fufilling haha! yeah christmas parties are always fun and they take forever lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a fun weekend with your family, you and your cousin are so pretty and how wonderful that you are both so close. Wow, talk about shopping die hards! Good for you. Enjoy Toronto and sushi...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Xmas is fast approaching, that only means shopping and lots and lots of SALE!. hihihi. am doing my list now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo!! You and your cousin are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture!! I can't believe the year is flying by...

    I hope you're having a great time with your family!

    (And thank you SO very much for what you said on my blog. It's not easy to open up like that but the response I get from my sweet readers like you is just so overwhelmingly warm and supportive...I'm glad to have 'met' you!! So glad!)

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cousin's pretty :)

    & oh goodness, I hadn't even thought of Christmas yet. It's coming up right around the corner! XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picture, honey! And what a naughty girl you are - you are talking Christmas already!!!! Bad, bad girl! Please let the summer last a little bit longer... :))) You wouldn't believe it but here they are already selling Christmas things on TV!!! How crazy is that?!

    Have a wonderful day!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. U and Ur cousin's are really pretty. :-)

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's such a fun idea! I did it, and the 6th folder 6th photo was of a really unfortunate chair in my senior year of college house... it made laugh/brought back memories!

    Hope you are enjoying your family time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, you and your cousin are so adorable together. The purple is such a nice color on y'all! :) And I loved those little tidbits, hehe.

    Be sure and pop by & leave a note! It would really make my day! :)

    -Laila
    www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cousin sounds fabulous! You are both so gorgeous and really do look like sisters. And um, any girl who can shop for 13 hours straight, is officially awesome in my book!

    And I totally understand you on the accidental matching phenomenon. My bff and I match almost every single time we see each other. Great minds think alike! :)

    PS. I might totally have to try this photo game! Lol.

    PPS. Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww that is a cute picture of you and your cousin! And I definitely know what you mean about eating tons at Filipino parties, I have a good friend who invites me to her family gatherings and I always end up eating way more than I should. Eyes are bigger than my stomach I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw pretty pretty! hope youre enjoying the family time this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photo and can I just say that I'm totally impressed by your 13-hour shopping spree. People always thought I was crazy for shopping 8 hours non-stop, but it's nothing compared to what you're capable of ;-) Hope you had a great day off!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww, so beautiful!

    When I figured out scheduled posts, I was a happy, happy camper. Have a blast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. both of you are gorgeous. 13 hour shopping spree? wow,you go girl. after 5 hours, i am ready to nap. : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're both beautiful! Hope you're enjoying stuffing your face!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! I wish i had blogging family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh man you are so right..only 4 more months till Christmas..time sure flies..and i think your cousin is older..I don't know why I always think the taller one is older. am i right? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww! this sooo cool! Ya'll are little family bloggers! It seems as though your whole family is good looking! Hmmm, and I think you are the younger one!
    Another wonderful post, Ela!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're such a sweetheart!!! Thank you for that amazing shout out I'm so glad I found you as well. And yay for tags I love that photo :) xoxo! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?
Hmm...let's make that an I.O.U ;)

xx Ela