As some of you may recall, I accompanied S on a business trip to Ohio about a month ago.
I packed this wrap dress because it's so low maintenance.
Dress - Vero Moda
Clutch -Thrifted $4.99, black fabric with gold and pearl accents
Shoes - Prada worn here
Here a few things I most enjoyed and/or intrigued me about Columbus, Ohio:
1. My breakfast everday included pancakes, french toast, hashbrowns, bacon and custom omelettes made to order (I had bacon, mushroom and cheddar.) Yum.
2. People are so darn nice.
Case in Point: People will hold the door open for you if they see you heading towards the door. I don't mean when you're a few steps behind them, I mean a good 30 feet away. I found myself scurrying just so they wouldn't have to wait there too long. This happened everywhere I went. Every. Single. Time.
Case in Point: I was walking behind S. He stuck his hand behind him to try and reach for me. Instead he
Well, maybe they're too nice.
4. I discovered a thrift store that had items from J.Crew, White House|Black Market, Banana Republic, etc. with price tags still on. Score!
5. People drive with two hands. Wow.
6. People drive within the speed limit. Oh my.
7. Easton Town Center. Seriously, way cute. Great shopping. Great restos. And they have a little square where they set up a huge projection screen and play movies. I especially loved seeing little munchkins in their jammies lugging their blankies and pillows to the square getting geared up for the movie. I felt like I was in Stars Hollow.
8. Snagged these babies (now on sale here) for just $23.99 at Macy's.
On that note, I certainly wouldn't mind making a return trip.
Any city or town you unexpectedly loved?