Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

C is for...

EDIT: My husband kindly reminded me that I committed a major no-no by posting C's pic on my blog (which I haven't told my friends about) without asking our friends. Thankfully he told me after a few hours of posting. It was a careless and honest mistake. Please bear with me as I learn the do's and don'ts of blogging.

Happy CANADA DAY everyone!
Though that's not the 'C' I had in mind.
Meet this little guy....

[EDIT: This stick figure is cute, but the real C is super cute and has a smile that will melt your heart]

C is 3 yrs. old and one of the sweetest little things!
The doorbell rang the other night and it was little C standing with his mom H, a very dear friend of mine. It was a "surprise visit" and I was very happily surprised! H went on to explain that they decided to drop by because C had mentioned me throughout the day so C and his dad decided to go get me some flowers...

Aren't they pretty? These are now sitting in my kitchen where I can see them everyday :) Apparently, C was pretty set on getting me a "stick of bamboo"...LOL, smart kid must've known it's the one plant I can manage to keep alive! But his dad suggested I might like these better...H has taught him well :)

The kicker?
Just as they were about to leave,

H told me that C said, "Ela...is my best friend."

That was one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.

I just love him and we really do have the best times together.

[EDIT: C's been cropped out but that's him hugging me]

The best things in life really are free aren't they?
I know the flowers were paid for but I'd take a hug from C over flowers, any day!


Thank you, C.
You're the best friend a girl could ever have.

~Ela


p.s. I know this doesn't have anything to do with "dressing" but I just had to share, it really meant a lot to me.
Hope you guys have a great one!

14 comments:

  1. Aw, cute pics and beautiful flowers. Happy Canaday Day :)

    P.S Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie!

    Added you to my Fellow Fashionistas, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes of course...exchange link is great idea...:)

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Ela! How are you?
    The post is soooo cute! That little man is ADORABLE! And the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww how unbelievably cute!!! And I linked you in my sidebar dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweetest thing I've read in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, kids are so cute! Then they turn into teenagers... lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. C is so adorable! I just love being around kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Blog. I like it
    By the way
    What you original canadian ?
    Your face the similar indonesia

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?
Hmm...let's make that an I.O.U ;)

xx Ela