Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 Things...

A little while ago, Little Rus of the fabulous Fashion Titbits gave out this Stylish Blogger Award to all her readers and asked that each recipient list 10 things that help create their own unique style. So here goes...
I Got a Love for Fashion...
1. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved picking out my own clothes and doing my own hair
.
2. Every now and then, I need a change without taking drastic measures. Fashion allows me to do just that.
I Dress how I Feel and my Mood is Affected by...
3. Good food. I'm a BIG foodie!
4. Chocolate. I am a certifiable chocoholic.
5. My hair. It does what it wants, when it wants. Sometimes I just have to let it take over...and certain outfits only work with certain hair, LOL.
I Take a Cue from my Surroundings...
6. Nature. There is such beauty around us, we just have to take the time to notice...and be inspired.
7. The Weather. A sudden change can mean starting from scratch and putting on an entirely different outfit.
I can be Influenced...
8. I do love my fashion magazines!
9. Television and movies. Sometimes I'll forget what's going on onscreen because I can't take my eyes off of a fabulous outfit!
10. Blogs! In this short time, I've come across so many lovely blogs, each have a unique touch reflective of one's personal style, and each surely inspire!

I would like to pass on this Stylish Blogger award to the ever so stylish lovelies at:
Brunch at Saks, Le Journal de Mode, LenoreNeverMore
Haute World, The Beauty File, We Were Damsels
and of course to the stylish creator deserving of this award, Fashion Titbits

That same day, Little Rus also gave out this Style Inspiration Blog Award to a few blogs. I feel very honoured to have been one of the recipients, especially because her blog is laden with stylish inspiration! Thank you, Little Rus!

Seeing as your blogs are one of the 10 things that inspire me, I would like to pass on this award to all of you! You must know that you inspire me (and all your readers) or we wouldn't be coming back day after day bombarding you with comments :) Style is something infused in all aspects of life; in dress, at home, in food presentation, in entertainment, etc. There is no doubt your blogs inspire style, so I do hope you will accept it. Hope you're having a lovely week thus far!
xx Ela

33 comments:

  1. just found your blog, hello and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your post, darling! It's very special. We seem to share a few things including love for chocolate, food and nature. Have a great day! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list! And congrats on your award! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list! I agree with so much of it! And thanks for passing it on :) I'll do my best to post this asap (I always take a while with awards for some reason, so don't be surprised if you don't see it up immediately ;-) And I can so relate to the food thing. Husband and I are the biggest foodies ever and my mood plummets when I haven't eaten yet. I can also really relate to the chocolate addiction as well.

    P.S. I don't really think you look like a lollipop, but that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for passing on the award! :) I will definitely put down my ten things (and let you know when).

    Be sure and pop by today! I'm having a bit of a go on a photo caption contest, so please be sure and enter!

    -Laila
    www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, it's great! really great for me.. :))

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post Ela! Thanks for sharing... Ur blog is fantastic of course. I think Ur hair always fantastic... ;-)

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the awards. :)
    I love your list. I laughed out loud when I read that sometimes you can get distracted by fashion in movies/tv. I'm the exact same way! I find it hard to follow old movies because I'm bombarded with fashion overload...so mesmerized by the beautiful dresses and gloves and scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on all the awards! You completely deserve them. Your blog is just as inspirational to all of us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the 2 awards :)

    I understand the weather. Today I am sporting leggings and rain boots- in July- I should be wearing a sundress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so sweet! Seriously, your comment made me so happy. I grew up in Tokyo and Utah so I have been to those temples, and I live on the East coast now so we went to NYC, Palmyra, and Boston. And you are so fashionable! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post!! Congrats on the award :). I am like you with the outfits and the hair. Sometimes certain outfits only look good with curly hair and others with straight...it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw, wonderful post and congrats on the awards! :)

    also your comment on my last post made me laugh out loud at work, hahah. i hope S enjoyed the wacky cheese ice cream - my mom loves it but i cannot stand the mild saltiness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. okay, so i know this list is about style but i just wanted to say that i'm ALL ABOUT THE FOOD. and the chocolates. love 'em all!!! haha! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your tag answers... I am SO with you on all of them, especially being a foodie and loving fashion mags. Oh and #1 too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely, lovely list! I can totally offer a large, resounding ''YES!'' to all of them..

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute post! your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute! I get majorly influenced by some people's blog outfit posts as well! I always figure fashion shows are too much to the top for me heh

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the award and you are such a stylish girl, I so enjoy your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. reading your list, i find myself saying oh i agree. i love love love chocolate too! it is my down fall in weight management. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations to you!
    xox
    www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! Your blog is so cute and so are your outfits. <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. That totally happens to me with movie wardrobes too! Congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My food def affects my mood too! GOOD one! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Girl, you totally deserve every award you get!! I love your list of ten things. I wish you truckloads of continued success with this fabulous blog! I will be reading it every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WAHOOOO!! YAY for awards YAY!!! :) congratulations! and I am so with you! Loving chocolate and fashion magazine! :) FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all your answers, especially your comment on your hair. Do I ever feel you on that one! My hair is so thick and crazy I honestly leave it alone most of the time otherwise I'd be stuck in the bathroom all day wrestling with a blow dryer and/or straight iron! Sometimes a girl has got to pick her battles!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i'm a total foodie too, and my hair DEFINITELY affects my mood any given day! maybe a little too much?

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are too sweet!! I am so excited and honored!! Thanks so much...you are such a glamazon yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. BIG Thank you darrrling!
    ps: I'm with you on No.4!

    ~XO*

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?
Hmm...let's make that an I.O.U ;)

xx Ela